1) Care, Maintenance & Safety Instructions. Please read carefully the following instructions. Do not open the product – Potential electric shock hazard. Do not allow any moisture to enter the product. Moisture will corrode the electronics inside the product and the product may malfunction and may not be repairable. Do not use any soap, detergents, or other cleaning agents to clean the product. LCD screens should be wiped gently with a dry cloth.
2) IJ Solutions offers a manufacturer’s limited warranty that the product shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for two (2) years beginning from the date of purchase written on the receipt (the “Warranty Period”). This limited warranty is not transferable and it applies only to the original purchaser of the product. This limited warranty becomes null and void if the product is not installed and operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instruction manual. IJ Solutions agrees that it will either repair or replace the defective product according to the terms and conditions of this Warranty. All warranty claims must be notified to IJ Solutions during the limited Warranty Period. No warranty claims will be entertained after the Warranty Period ends. However, after the Warranty Period elapses, IJ Solutions will, if possible, repair the product at normal service rates. In the event of any repairs or replacements arising from warranty claims that require IJ Solutions to travel to or send a replacement product to Gozo or to countries other than Malta, any travel expenses and/or accommodation costs and/or postage/freight charges incurred by IJ Solutions, as the case may be, must be paid by you.
3) The limited warranty shall only apply if the product has been correctly installed (where applicable) and used only for the purpose it was intended for and in accordance with the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
4) It is very important that this Warranty and fiscal receipt are kept as proof of purchase during the whole Warranty Period. If these documents are not provided upon request in the event of a claim for warranty repairs, the customer shall be required to pay for the service call and for any spare parts used. These charges are the standard rates that IJ Solutions establishes from time to time.
5) IJ Solutions will not be answerable for any apparent defects which you may have discovered for yourself. Should the product develop a fault due to a faulty design or manufacture during the Warranty Period, IJ Solutions’ liability shall be, at IJ Solutions’ option, to repair the product. If this is not possible, the product will be replaced with the same type and model of product. If the same product is not available for any reason whatsoever, the original product shall be replaced with a similar product of the same value. IJ Solutions may, at its option, use new, refurbished or used parts in good working condition to repair or replace the product. Any replaced products will continue to be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty or for ninety (90) days, whichever is the longer period. Warranty repairs are only to be done by IJ Solutions or by companies / persons duly authorised by IJ Solutions.
6) Hard Disks and Accessories that are bundled with the product such as, but not limited to, remote controls and batteries carry a six (6) month warranty on latent defects. Rechargeable batteries, through normal use, (charging and discharging over time) show a decrease in standby time and the need for more frequent recharging and they will eventually wear out. This is the normal accepted performance for batteries. It is recommended that the batteries are only replaced with the same type and specifications as originally bundled with the product. For details of the applicable dead pixel policy for TFT monitors and LCD Televisions, please refer to the manufacturer terms and conditions.
7) PRIOR TO PROVIDING ANY HARD DRIVE OR STORAGE MEDIA TO IJ SOLUTIONS, YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ERASE OR ANONYMISE ANY PERSONAL DATA CONTAINED WITHIN SUCH STORAGE MEDIA. IJ SOLUTIONS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES UNTIL YOU COMPLY WITH THIS REQUIREMENT TO ANONYMISE PERSONAL DATA OR TO DELETE OR ANONYMISE SUCH PESONAL DATA. IJ SOLUTIONS DOES NOT TAKE OR KEEP COPIES OF BACKUPS OF DATA AND YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONAL DATA WHICH MAY BE CONTAINED IN ANY STORAGE MEDIA. UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY INFORMED WE SHALL TREAT ALL DATA CONTAINED WITHIN ANY STORAGE MEDIA YOU PROVIDE AS ANONYMISED DATA. .
8) This warranty does not affect or limit your legal statutory rights.
9) The limited warranty does not cover:
a. Rust, Damage or Corrosion.
b. Defects which arise due to a drop and/or increase in voltage and/or power cuts in the electrical service or connection to an improper voltage supply.
c. Products which have had their serial number removed, erased or made illegible.
d. Damage to the product due to accidents, modification, misuse, abuse, negligence, disassembly, improper maintenance and cleaning.
e. The product has not been used for the purpose it was originally intended for.
f. Scratches, discoloration, markings and other damage caused by normal wear and tear when using the product.
g. The product has been serviced, repaired, taken apart, unauthorised spare parts used or tampered with in any way by any person not authorised by IJ Solutions.
h. Consequential damages, injuries or losses sustained while using the product.
i. Damage caused by lighting, fire, water intrusion, moisture and natural disasters.
j. This limited warranty does not cover general cleaning and maintenance.
k. Use of consumables (such as batteries) not supplied by IJ Solutions.
l. Back up or loss of data found on, but not limited to, memory cards and/or hard disk drives or other media storage devices.
m. Any loss or damage caused by a fortuitous event.
10) Limitation of Liability
IJ Solutions shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury to you or your property including but not limited to, direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage, or injury or any loss, damage or injury whatsoever arising from loss of data, profits, income, revenue, anticipated savings, contracts, business, goodwill, reputation, information, commercial or personal loss, arising out of, or in connection with, the use of your product. For the avoidance of doubt, IJ SOLUTIONS will not be responsible for any loss, damage or injury to you or your property arising from any theft or other incident which results from a failure, malfunction or defect of your product.
11) All Brand Names, Trade Marks and Logos are the property of their respective owners.
12) Changes to manufacturing specifications are at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. Specifications of the product may be altered without prior notice. If the model is changed IJ Solutions is not responsible.